Descriptive statistics and data representation
Learn how to use descriptive statistics and summarize information using relevant graphs in concrete professional applications.
A final test is planned and can be validated by a certificate of achievement.
Level of trainees :
All sectors technicians or engineers.
Duration and location :
- Duration : 14 hours over 2 days
- Location : Soladis training center in Paris or Lyon (to consult the calendar, click on “Sign up”) or directly in your office (minimum of 4 people)
Training fee :
- In Soladis office : 1290€ tax-free per trainee
- Other : Contact us for an offer adapted to your company.
Pedagogical Manager: Catherine TUDAL
« This training will fully meet the needs of those who wish to discover or rediscover the basics of statistics with a good trade-off between theory and practical cases. This training is a must for anyone who needs to enhance the value of their data on a daily basis. »
Soladis invites you to take part in this descriptive statistics and synthetic data representation training course. The objective is to train you in the exploitation and valorization of data as well as in statistical functions and indicators. This statistical training is particularly useful for people who use databases on a daily basis and who wish to extract simple information from them.
MASTER BASIC STATISTICAL FUNCTIONS
- Estimation of the usual statistical characteristics to describe a sample or a population (mean, standard deviation, proportion, quantiles, …)
- Building of a contingency table
- Building of relevant graph (histogram, pie chart, pareto, boxplot), application with the graph functions in Excel, when available.
STUDY OF THE DISTRIBUTION OF A DATA SET
- Introduction to usual statistical distributions. Focus on the gaussian distribution and normality tests
PARAMETER ESTIMATION BY CONFIDENCE INTERVALS
- Mean, variance, proportion
ASSESSMENT OF ASSOCIATION BETWEEN TWO VARIABLES
- Qualitative and/or quantitative
- Using Excel, XLStat to manage and describe data.
- Practice on case study.
The schedule of this training is given as an indication and can be completed by specific requests, depending on your particular needs.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about this descriptive statistics training, which can be organized in our training center (dates provided on our website) or directly in your premises, according to your preferences.
Soladis - France (headquarter)
6-8 rue Bellecombe
69006 LYON - FRANCE
Soladis GmbH - Switzerland
Lange Gasse 15
Soladis Inc. - USA
185 Alewife Brook Pkwy, Unit 210
Cambridge, MA 02138-1100